In this role, you will develop an understanding of the current status of business processes in the public sector related to supply chain management and work with the Data Strategy and Analytics team to identify and analyze opportunities for improvement.
Reporting to the Director of Data Strategy and Analytics, you will be accountable for capturing business needs and processes, as well as creating and maintaining data governance processes that will advance Supply Ontario’s (SO) data and analytics capabilities.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Translating business goals and SO’s needs into operational strategies and requirements for new or enhanced analytics solutions.
- Preparing business cases to validate the implementation of new/re-engineered technology, processes and practices including options considered, quantifying the benefits and efficiency gains, cost-benefit analysis, gap analysis and the expected risks.
- Developing and deploying various analytical models and other business intelligence tools that track improvements and contribute to the development and implementation of solutions and performance efficiencies that improve business delivery.
- Working with a BI developer to create tailored data visualizations (e.g., charts, graphs, dashboards, etc.) to track, analyze, and display key performance indicators and metrics.
- Providing consultation, analysis, and recommendations for systems development and business requirements; working with IT resources in the development of testing and implementation strategies.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Degree in Business, Finance, or a related field.
- Demonstrated and proven years experience identifying business needs and managing strategic plans driven by qualitative/quantitative analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of the theory and practice of business process modeling, capability maturity modeling and quality systems.
Knowledge of business analysis, planning and improvement principles and methodologies as well as performance measurement and benchmarking techniques.
- Knowledge of data collection/management, data visualization and data analysis techniques.
- Demonstrated experience using data analytics to formulate data-driven insights and influence business decisions.
- Analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
Supply Ontario offers a competitive compensation package including benefits and defined benefit pension plan.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please click on the following link: APPLY NOW by March 31, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Supply Ontario is an inclusive employer which respects equity, inclusion, diversity and anti-racism. Accommodation, if required, will be provided throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.