As the Director of Finance, you will be accountable for providing leadership in the delivery of finance, controllership and financial policy, budgeting, financial planning, payroll and reporting, insurance, asset management, and accounting infrastructure in support of the overall Supply Ontario strategies.
In this pivotal role, you will be a member of a ground floor initiative ensuring the best possible combination of money spent and value received for Ontarians. Your expertise will play a key role in leading the assessment of impacts of the province’s policy, strategy, and legislation/directive changes on Supply Ontario’s business operations and policies, including recommended options in response to new and changing government priorities in relation to our mandate.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the development and implementation of the finance function, including strategies, plans, methods, tools, and processes to meet the overall strategic plans and priorities of the department and the agency.
- As a member of the Supply Ontario’s (SO) leadership team, you will be contributing to the SO strategy and development of tactics; and provides leadership in executing programs, services or initiatives to deliver on the strategy.
- Planning and managing the delivery of the finance function, ensuring consistency with overall department performance measures, standards, and best practices and integration with overall SO directions.
- Directing the development, implementation and oversight of financial analysis, controllership and reporting systems, internal policies, and standards including processes and controls for enhancing SO’s finance capability. Ensuring integration and SO compliance with applicable legislative requirements, generally accepted accounting principles, and audit requirements to manage risk, particularly in the context of a broader public sector entity.
- Providing leadership in the setting and monitoring of financial targets and the analysis and reporting of the financial performance of each function and provides overall leadership of SO financial audits.
- Providing financial expertise and advice to SO management and staff in response to issues and risks to achieving SO’s mandate, providing evidence-based recommendations for change.
- Managing the department and its staff to support an environment and culture of collaboration, trust and service excellence which respects diversity, encourages all employees to work together to achieve results and contribute to a healthy, rewarding, and productive working environment where personal and team accountability are key to meeting the mandate of SO. Accountable for building a strong team including: hiring, orienting, and training of staff, determination of performance standards and conduct of performance reviews, managing employee relations matters.
- Developing collaborative partnerships and strong working relationships with senior officials in the OPS, BPS and other public and private sector organizations to liaise with on financial matters.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or similar, or relevant experience
- 10 years’ experience in a leadership role providing direction and oversight of a finance department with expertise in financial planning, control and risk management and the provision of a range of financial expertise and services for a large organization.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) or equivalent experience with a relevant graduate degree.
- Demonstrated experience working within a complex funding and reporting framework within a public sector setting is an asset.
- Leadership skills to build a new organizational structure, systems, and standards.
- Knowledge and expertise in financial planning and analysis, controllership, and accounting.
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders across the organization.
Supply Ontario offers a competitive compensation package including benefits and defined benefit pension plan.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please click on the following link: APPLY NOW by Friday, September 22, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Supply Ontario is an inclusive employer which respects equity, inclusion, diversity and anti-racism. Accommodation, if required, will be provided throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.