Supply Ontario’s Data Strategy and Analytics team is seeking a Senior Data Engineering Specialist to guide work on the full life cycle of data engineering including analysis, solution design, data pipeline engineering, testing, scheduling and production support.
Reporting to the Director, Data Strategy and Analytics, you will be accountable for supporting analytics and modeling through the creation and maintenance of data pipelines, the design and development of data solutions, and performing data management and optimization to support Supply Ontario’s current and future business needs.
In this role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Designing, building, handling, and optimizing data pipelines for data structures encompassing data transformation, data models, schemas, metadata, data quality, and workload management.
- Identifying and solving significant technical problems and architecture deficiencies to include design, security, and performance.
- Troubleshooting and identifying solutions for complex data problems that support critical business functions.
- Contributing to the development of data quality frameworks and data development tools and standards; evaluating and recommending technical design features and alternatives to ensure proper procedures for backup, recovery, and security of all databases.
- Conducting research to identify new and existing data sources/solutions to contribute to new data development, improve data management processes, and best practices, making recommendations for data quality initiatives.
- Mentoring and coaching less senior members of the data team
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum 6 years experience in data engineering, data management, data analysis or software development.
- Strong programming ability in SQL and Python/Scala and other languages.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets and to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manipulate, process and extract value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Leadership skills to provide mentoring and coaching to less senior colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to develop technical documentation; explain technical and complex details to non-technical staff.
Supply Ontario offers a competitive compensation package including benefits and defined benefit pension plan.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please click on the following link: APPLY NOW by March 31, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Supply Ontario is an inclusive employer which respects equity, inclusion, diversity and anti-racism. Accommodation, if required, will be provided throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.